Friday, November 21, 2008

We are in Beijing!

This is the first time for me. It's really cool. We got into an airplane this morning, and we finally got to our hotel at around 2:00. Then we checked into our room and did some cool shopping. We walked to a huge bookstore. The bookstore was very crowded, and in the store lots of people were sitting on the floor reading books. I got a cool pokemon book that makes 3Dimenshional pokemons. We got some Chinese language books for me and Sonja, and some movies for Mama, too. We spent most of our time eating. We stopped at shops on the street and ate dumplings, and everyone was yelling and it was noisy, but the dumplings were good. Lot's of times people in China eat standing up outside. When we got back to our hotel we saw Chessie and Carly and Joy, who I just met! We were talking and playing loud and happy in the hallway, the moms said time to go to bed. It was fun to see them. Right now I'm going to watch a movie with Mama and go to sleep. Tomorrow we are going to the Foribidden City and a big park. Also mabye I will get to go see dinosaurs, at the musseum.

4 comments:

sherri said...

A book that has 3-D Pokémons?? VERY COOL! I'm sure that you are very excited to show your friends at home!

Aunt Sherri

Unknown said...

Wow!

This was definitely a great idea, Sofie. You sure are right about "E"veryone knowing about your trip to China. Your dad, Scot, sent everyone at his work a link to your blog; so, here I am reading it during my lunch break. Here's a challenge for you: perfect your new yo-yo skills before you return to Oregon, that way you can show us at the office :)

Well wishes to you and your mom,

Nicole
(one of the teachers)

S said...

Hi Jiejie,

Thank you for the pictures. You look like you are having fun. Bring some dumplings home for me!

Your meimei,

Sonja

Louise said...

Hi Sophie
We really enjoyed the pictures of you laughing and having a good time. Tristen wants to know how your yo-yo works. Silke wants to look at your pictures about ten times a day at my house. I think she is looking for a picture of you AND your mom. Have an awesome adventure. We will check each day to see what you are up too. All the children enjoyed seeing your pictures. Ben is here today and he says "hi" too.