Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in Fuling

First, we ate breakfast, then we got on the bus, and drove to the new orphanage, then we did a ceremony, the ceremony was about opening the new orphanage, and we got pink balloons. I ''lost'' mine (on purpose)beacause I don't like pink . Then, people who ( I think ) worked at the orphanage handed out this long red ribbon, and scissors and then we took our scissors, and cut the ribbon. We cut the ribbon, because it was part of the opening ceremony. After we cut the ribbon, we took a group picture, and sang Twinkle twinkle little star, and dashing thruw the snow. I thot the opening ceremony was awesome, because we got to play with the babies again. Then we ate lunch inside the orphanage. Me, Mya,Chessie, and Lily, together, drank 20 cups of soda, and water (my stomach hurts, just thinking about it ). After lunch, we went back to the hotel, then we went shoping. After shoping, we came back to the hotel, droped our stuff off, and went out again.

This time, we went out to dinner for Thanksgiving, at this restaurant that Mama had written down in her notebook. People showed us to a building and we took an elevator. We ate on the 4th or 5th floor, and I swallowed a chili pepper whole, I thot the chili pepper was good, so I sucked on another one for about 2 minutes, before I spit it out. I even made Chessie eat a chili pepper. In China,the Chineese people ussally like their food spicy. After we were full, we sang yi shan yi shan ( twinkle twinkle little star in Chineese ), and''where are my friends'' (a chineese song ), and yu er yu er shui jong yo (another Chineese song ).After we thanked the waitresses who helped us, and went to the bathroom, we rode the elavator down to the 1st floor, and started walking back to the hotel.

2 comments:

mags said...

Hi sofie,
I think that after all that
soda you should have a
stomach ache!!!!!!!
and that sounds really fun!
and you sound like you had
alot of fun also!!!!!!!!!!!
and I hope that you had fun!
from,
maggie

Unknown said...

Hi Sofie,
We sure missed you and your mom at the Van Dyk Thanksgiving party.
Glad to hear you are having a great time!
Your dad and sisters seem to be holding up okay, though I am sure they miss you.
Enjoy!
Phil