Friday, November 28, 2008

Last Night in Fuling

This morning we went to one of the museums, and I only liked the fossilized stuff. Because it was cool fish and it showed perspective and details. I liked being crazy with Mya and Chessie there. We went back to our hotel and talked things over. Lily and I wanted KFC for lunch but Lily's dad and my mom said no. And so we went to this small restaurant and had noodles. I liked mine because they weren't spicy and the sauce was sort of sweet. After that we walked around. In the afternoon we went to the orphanage goodbye ceremony. I liked the part where we got to plant a tree. First I used a hoe thing, then I traded it for a shovel. Then I picked up a heavy rock and put it on the pile and dropped it. We went inside and played with babies. Then we went to the bus and went back down the mountain to our hotel. We had a farewell dinner with Blas, the tour guides. I wasn't very hungry because my stomach hurt. So I ate two pieces of meat and french fries and two cuts of meat. Mama took me up to the room to get some rest, then later I felt better. We went out in the dark.

Fuling is beautiful in the dark because there are whole bunches of lights and flashing lights. The people were doing shopping and bargaining. We bought Chocolate kind of like hot chocolate and it was nice. We walked to a little shop and bought muffins like cornbread. They were good. We walked further the turned around and walked back to the hotel. I'm tired now and going to bed. We have to get up early to start the trip home. I really liked the trip to Fuling because it was exiting and like a mini adventure.

I think America is more organized but China is more fun.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sofie,

You are such a great writer - your blog is amazing! I have enjoyed reading about your adventure so very much. Thanks for sharing all of your experiences for other Fuling families to enjoy. Safe travels home....

Jenn

sherri said...

Sofie --

It's been GREAT following you on this big adventure. I'm sure that the time went too fast, but as you get older and read this journal again and again you will feel like you are back in China! Have a safe trip home
Aunt Sherri and uncle Brian